CODE OF CONDUCT
- Brooklyn Track Club members shall control their conduct during club workouts, activities, and at races while at all times being respectful to all teammates and opponents and shall conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure the safety of others so as to not reflect negatively on the club and its members.
- Brooklyn Track Club members shall choose their words carefully and shall refrain from talking negatively about others when interacting with teammates, other running clubs and opponents when at club workouts, activities, races, or via the Internet in public forums.
- Brooklyn Track Club members shall conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure a comfortable and welcoming club environment. Members are expected to interact with all persons in a manner that avoids behavior that could be construed as discrimination or sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is defined as “Unwanted sexual advances, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.”
- Brooklyn Track Club members are expected to respect the age, religion, ethnic background, gender, and sexual orientation of other members. Members are to recognize that the club operates as a sport and social club, however also are to understand that discrimination or unwanted and/or continued advances toward other members will not be accepted and that all members have the right to an environment free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
- Brooklyn Track Club members should acknowledge the accomplishments and efforts of others, encouraging all teammates and opponents to excel whilst keeping in mind you represent the club as an ambassador to the community at large.
- Brooklyn Track Club members are responsible to ensure that this Code of Conduct is followed and are expected to report any inappropriate actions or behavior to a club officer.
- Brooklyn Track Club membership may be terminated by resignation of a member, or by a majority vote of the club officers for violations of this Code of Conduct.
- Brooklyn Track Club members are expected to adhere to all of the rules of competition in races in which they participate. Members found to be in violation may face reprimand, suspension or other action.
- Brooklyn Track Club staff takes concerns seriously about code of conduct violations, buying, selling or giving race numbers, or any other violations of the rules of competition. Members who are found to violate the rules of competition will have their membership terminated for the calendar year, after which they can reapply for membership. Please contact Info@brooklyntrackclub.com with any questions or concerns regarding the code of conduct or potential infractions.